Do you want to know how to set up a blog and be a proper blogger? Our step-by-step interactive e-learning course shows you everything you need to know about blogs, and how to create and manage your own blog productively, and even profitably.
Our online blogging training guide will give you all the tools and top tips that you need for personal and business blogging. You'll learn what makes a top blogging site; why it's important to blog; how to create great blog content; and how to maximise the positive impact it will have on your life, work or business. Buy this course today and within hours you'll be a professional blogger!
This course is excellent at guiding you around various blogs and how to make the most of them. It's brilliant for complete beginners like myself. Highly recommended.
Our blogging course is great for anyone who wants to create, manage and optimise a blog for professional, corporate, academic or personal use.
The course comes in 4 parts:
Part 1: What is a blog
Part 2: Creating great blog content
Part 3: Get blogging
Part 4: Making the most of your new blog
You will learn:
- How to write and post your first blog
- The history of blogging and the growth of the blogosphere
- Why blogging is such a flexible and effective communication tool
- How blogging is useful for business as well as personal life
- The professional secrets of an effective blogging campaign
- How to create great blog content
- How to find and grow your blog audience
- About links, RSS feeds, tags and monetising your blog
- How to integrate your blog into websites and social networks
- How to promote your blog using SEO
...and much more!
If you sat down and did the course in one sitting, it would take approximately 3-4 hours to complete. However, the exercises and quizzes we include mean it can take longer. You can work at your own pace, and dip in and out of the course as often as you want, and go back to sections to really make sure you've understood. If you have any queries at all, you are very welcome to get in touch with the trainer as often as you want.
We set a 4 week deadline from the point you receive your enrolment information. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know. The course covers:
A short history of weblogs (blogs)
The hallmarks of a great blog
- Purpose, credibility, conversation, collaboration and information sharing
How a blog can help you and your business
- Building and engaging an audience or customer base
- Sharing thoughts and ideas and feedback in realtime
- Building an online reputation
- Collating words, pictures, video, links
A good blog
- Should be inexpensive to create and maintain
- Easy to set up and update
- Extend your reach into the market
- Create connections
- Exploit the best of social media
Types of blogs
- Corporate (external and internal facing),
- Photo, video, music, etc
- Specialist, personal etc
Things to avoid
- Too few or too many updates
- Being overly corporate or commercially focussed
- Buying too many inbound links instead of attracting organic ones
Creating great blog content
- Good blogging style
- Informal and conversational tone
- Acting as a boomerang
- Well-paced literally and visually
The importance of keywords
- Key places in a blog for keywords
- Having many voices
- The advantage of collective blogs
Updating on the move
Blogging and digital media jargon buster
Moving on from text
- Images, video, audio and interactive elements that work in a blog
- Dedicated photo blogs
- Video blogs
Content beyond the central column
- Tags or labels
- Blog rolls
- Outbound links
Top 5 blog content rules
Starting a new blog
- Using blogging template sites
- How to get an audience, become part of the community and possibly even make a little money
- Keeping it simple
- Managing comments - the good, the bad and the ugly
- Integrating your blog
Blogs and social media
- Directing your audience to other sites/brands
- Integrating with other social media sites - using Twitter, Facebook and others
- Using social recommendation sites to promote your blog
Best use of links and beyond
- How to find and generate inbound links
- Backlinks, trackbacks and pingbacks
- RSS feeds
Blogging and SEO
- Why search engines love blogs
- Key blogging stats
Monetising your blogs
- PPC (pay per click)
- CPM (cost per thousand)
Monitoring your own blog success and the competition
This course is packed with interactive exercises so you can practise what you learn as soon as you learn it.
There are handy tips and checklists at key stages of the course. These cover vital topics including:
- Always being transparent
- Varying your post lengths and content
- Not over-thinking your blog posts
- Establishing multi-author blogging rules
- Updating and internal linking
- Checking copyright
- Building up your blog before trying to monetise it.
and many more.
Becky Bocchetti is a leading digital trainer and content and marketing consultant, who has a proven track record with a variety of media owners, FMCG brands, marketing specialists and content providers. Having started her career as a magazine journalist 20 years ago, Becky moved in to the digital world in 2000 winning awards for content, social media and commercial at websites as diverse as WGUK, ZSL and BBC Radio 2, whilst continuing to write for national newspapers and magazines. Becky’s successes led her to become a founding team member of Vizzavi, Vodafone’s pan-European cross-platform content offering, where she led an international content, technical and commercial team. She regularly runs content training, mentoring and Digital Marketing Qualifications courses for the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing.
Her cross-media experience is in high demand with corporate and consumer clients including Express Newspapers / Northern & Shell, Ofcom, TimeInc, Air France, British Library, The Co-Operative, AAT, Hearst, Bauer, Zurich Insurance, Bournemouth University, Oxford University Press, Sony, Euromoney, Centaur Media and Haymarket Publishing.
The beauty of e-learning is that you can do it at a time and place to suit you. But you won't be alone! Becky will talk you through the key points to improve your skills and knowledge, and at any time during your e-learning course, you can email her with any queries or comments.
Becky can also give you invaluable one-to-one feedback on your own blog. If you buy the trainer feedback option with your course, she will ask you to email a blog post after you have completed the e-learning. She will supply you with individual guidance, comments and practical suggestions. Then, once you've improved your work, she will review your revised content and provide a second set of comments. This unique feedback really brings your e-learning to life and makes sure you have truly grasped - and applied - all of the key principles.
If you would like to receive a Certificate when you have completed your e-learning course, please just let us know and we will arrange for one to be sent to you.
Blogging is £105 + tax per user * which gives you full unlimited access to the course for one month. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know.
If you want to add personal one-to-one trainer feedback to the course, the price is £155 + tax.
* Discounted rates of up to 70% are available for multiple users. The discount applies to this course or a mix of e-learning courses. We will give you an immediate 10% discount off your second course if you book with us again.