In today's frantic "connected" world, it is easy to forget that we always need to present the most polished and professional image to those we communicate with. Too often, we only get one chance to impress, so we really need to make every email count.
I've learned new techniques for writing emails and how to be clear and concise which was what I was hoping to achieve.
Senior reward services manager, Corporate Rewards
Half day in-company training course
This intensive short course ensures your emails are always of the highest standard, and more to the point, achieve the goals you have set for them.
You will work on your own emails in the session, so you can see an immediate benefit.
- Agreed objectives for the workshop
- Today’s working environment and pressures
- Benefits of “putting it in writing”
- Communications and distractions – it’s a noisy world
The message and the audience
- The real purpose of the email
- What’s in it for the reader?
- Structuring emails to suit your objectives
- Length, layout and emphasis
- As a covering email for a proposal or powerpoint
- Persuasive sales emails
- “Business-like” emails (handling complaints, confirming agreements, etc)
Content and style
- How to be clear, concise and consistent
- 10 tips for effective email communication
- Creating your subject lines
- Tone of voice; brand voice
- Why editing, checking and accuracy are vital
Manners and management
- Email etiquette
- Guidelines for replying
- Controlling your inbox!
Doing it: Delegates will write a short email
Feedback from the group and the trainer
To do lists – how will you put into practice what you have learned?
Reactions and close
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own emails. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training and will follow-up with you to see how you are getting on. We are always here if you have any queries at all.
To find out more about our range of in-company courses, and how we work and support you both before and after your training, please have a look at our in-company training page.
Please call 00 44(0)1428 722105 or email us for more information on how we can help you organise your training.