This practical one-day workshop will give you the techniques you need to plan, structure and deliver a natural, persuasive and memorable presentation.
Fantastic! Scary at first but really learned a lot about presenting and myself.
Advertising sales executive, Briefing Media
One day in-company training course
- Learn how to plan and structure your presentation
- Understand how different audiences / users view - and filter – information
- Profile and evaluate your audiences
- Learn how to plan your key messages
- Explore your own presentation style; and how to adapt and optimise your own style
- Learn tried and tested techniques for producing attention-grabbing presentations
- Learn how to maximise your personal impact through structure, style, delivery and voice
- Learn how to engage your audience
- Practise all of these techniques using videotaped presentations
- Benefit from expert guidance and feedback
You will be asked to bring any visual aids you normally use (laptops, PowerPoints, etc) and a specific presentation that you wish to improve, practise, and perfect. The day is flexible to allow a relevant balance of theory and practice, but a typical outline follows:
Impromptu 2-minute presentation with minimal preparation. Each presentation will be video-taped and played back for discussion and analysis.
- Why are you presenting?
- Who are you presenting to?
- Where and when are you presenting?
- Different types of presentation to choose from
Planning and structure
- Planning the content, to achieve your objectives
- Visual aids and props
- Facts and figures
- Interaction and feedback
- Documentation and supporting materials
Doing it: If time allows, an intermediate practical exercise to allow participants the chance to practise each presentation, for live feedback and constructive criticism.
- Timing, sequence, and rhythm
- Use of your voice
- Using notes and prompts
- Communications skills and information flow
- Non-verbal communication
- Audience engagement, and the Q&A
Final presentation: Each participant will be video-taped presenting their complete presentation, which is then played back for analysis and assessment.
To do lists – how will you put into practice what you have learned?
Reactions and close
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own presentations. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training and will follow-up with you to see how you are getting on. We are always here if you have any queries at all.
To find out more about our range of in-company courses, and how we work and support you both before and after your training, please have a look at our in-company training page.
Please call 00 44(0)1428 722105 or email us for more information on how we can help you organise your training.