This online management training course gives you the 25 Top Tips and techniques you really need to lead, inspire and manage your people effectively.
Delivered by our lead management trainer, the course explains the essential steps to optimise your teams’ productivity, especially if you work in the creative, media, marketing or communications sectors. From time management and planning through to leadership and motivation, this e-learning course will instantly refresh and reinvigorate your management style!
This is one of the courses that I've enjoyed the most. It confirms some things we do in our team are right and has filled in the gaps for where we're lacking
This quick whizz through the management top tips is great for any manager working in the creative industry, including media, public relations, communications, advertising, marketing, and design.
You will learn:
- How to lead an effective team
- The secrets of proven motivational techniques
- What, how and when to communicate
- How to run a productive meeting
- The value of thinking time and decisive action
- Proven supervision and delegation skills
- The management traps to avoid
- How to work better with your boss
...and much more.
If you sat down and did the course in one sitting, it would take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. However, you can work at your own pace, and dip in and out of the course as often as you want, and go back to sections to really make sure you've understood. If you have any queries at all, you are very welcome to get in touch with the trainer as often as you want.
We set a 4 week deadline from the point you receive your enrolment information. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know. The course covers:
- Using Skills, Knowledge, Attitudes and Habits to rate people
- Knowing what people expect of you
- Looking after your own motivation
- Recognising the team life cycle
- The 3-eyed manager
- Meetings and the value of clarification
- Reporting up!
- Which management tools to use
- Watching for burnout
- Giving yourself thinking time
- Decision making
- The importance of delegation
- Focusing on "3"
Richard Sharpe is a trainer, journalist, researcher, a Visiting Fellow in journalism at the University of East London and a director of ContentETC. As a journalist he has contributed to the Financial Times, The Herald Tribune, The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Observer, Computing, Computer Weekly and other publications covering IT and its impact. Richard is a highly successful trainer, regularly training journalists at publishing companies including Bauer, Haymarket and TimeInc and coaching executives at organisations including UCLU and LSE.
The beauty of e-learning is that you can do it at a time and place to suit you. But you won't be alone! Richard will talk you through the key points to improve your skills and knowledge, and at any time during your e-learning course, you can email him with any queries or comments.
Richard can also give you invaluable one-to-one feedback on your own management queries. If you buy the trainer feedback option with your course, email him after you have completed the e-learning and he will supply you with individual guidance, comments and practical suggestions. This unique feedback really brings your e-learning to life and makes sure you have truly grasped - and applied - all of the key principles.
If you would like to receive a Certificate when you have completed your e-learning course, please just let us know and we will arrange for one to be sent to you.
Top tips for managing creative people is £30 + tax per user * which gives you full unlimited access to the course for one month. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know.
If you want to add personal one-to-one trainer feedback to the course, the price is £80 + tax.
* Discounted rates of up to 70% are available for multiple users. The discount applies to this course or a mix of e-learning courses. We will give you an immediate 10% discount off your second course if you book with us again.