Libel is a serious business for anyone who publishes content. Every year Private Eye paid about £800,000 in legal fees from a turnover of about £3m under the old laws. Publishers paid tens of thousands a month to privately end libel cases in England and Wales. Libel not only costs money, it distracts journalists from their jobs, and has a chilling effect on what is written and published.
Very beneficial. Provided a much improved understanding of media legislation.
Station manager, University of Portsmouth Student Union
How would you prefer to learn?
In-company training +
- Designed to meet your needs and goals (at no extra cost)
- Exercises, case studies and examples matched to your needs and background
- Flexible rates according to the number of delegates
- Totally tailored solution for the same (or lower) price as an open workshop
- Run on a date and at a place to suit you
- You choose when and where to learn
- Practical and interactive learning
- Top tips, checklists and quizzes to really test your understanding
- Ability to contact the trainer at any point
- Optional individual tailored feedback from the trainer