A highly practical workshop giving you the chance to focus on subbing content for your website.
Loved it. I have massively improved SEO, keyword skills and restructuring of articles.
Half or one day in-company training course (dependent on needs)
Why we sub
- To get found by readers using search engines
- To pick up mistakes
- To ensure accuracy
- To maintain style
- To make sure content is interesting
How people read on the web
- The F shape
- Getting the most important information first
- What devices are they using?
- How this affects subbing
A systematic approach to copy
- Look for the hook that will interest readers
- Look for the right structure
- Look for the right order
- Look for a clear point
- Sense check: does it sound right?
Doing it: Delegates will analyse a piece of copy
Subbing with an eye on search engines
- What search engines look for
- Why it matters
- How this translates to subbing
- The importance of keywords
- Identifying key words
Doing it: Delegates will identify key words for articles
The importance of the first 100 words
- How much can you control the page title?
- Creating reader and search friendly headlines and standfirsts
- Considering where else the headline will appear
- Checking the first 100 words for key words
- Effective tagging
- The importance of images – getting captions and alt tags right
- Getting keywords near video content
Linking to create a user journey
- The importance of links for users and search engines
- Finding appropriate copy to link to
- Optimising related articles
- Getting key words in link text
Doing it: Delegates will sub and optimise one or two pieces of copy for the website
Creating a checklist for subbing online
Doing it: Delegates will create a checklist for subbing copy for the website
To do lists – how will you put into practice what you have learned?
Reactions and close
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own online content. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training and will follow-up with you to see how you are getting on. We are always here if you have any queries at all.
To find out more about our range of in-company courses, and how we work and support you both before and after your training, please have a look at our in-company training page.
Our bespoke in-company training is run on a date and at a place to suit you. But if you would rather learn online, please have a look at our Subbing e-learning course.
Please call 00 44(0)1428 722105 or email us for more information on how we can help you organise your training.