You can gain a Certificate in Journalism from The Professional Publishers Association (PPA), delivered by ContentETC.
You can choose from two programmes, which let you work at your own skill level, at your own pace, with access to expert ContentETC tutors every step of the way.
Both courses simply require internet access, so the Certificates in Journalism are open to anyone, anywhere, including:
- Staff from all UK-based publishers or media owners
- Staff at overseas publishing organisations
- Individuals not currently working in journalism who want to learn independently
- Freelance journalists who want to earn the PPA Certificate qualification
The essential certificate for all new journalists
The PPA Foundation Certificate in Journalism is a highly respected certificate for new, aspiring or inexperienced journalists working across all media channels and platforms. The Foundation Certificate includes:
- A comprehensive e-learning training programme developed and run by ContentETC
- A minimum of 16 hours e-learning content with full online access
- One-to-one trainer feedback throughout the programme
- Expert assessment at the end of each e-learning module
The Foundation Certificate is a unique opportunity for trainee journalists to gain their own Certificate qualification without any direct involvement necessary from their employer, sponsor or line manager.
The PPA’s established Certificate Programme for working journalists is available online
The online version of the PPA Professional Certificate in Journalism is ideal for experienced journalists who find it difficult to spare the time needed to gain vital industry qualifications. The flexible format allows learners to submit their work and complete exams online, and these are then assessed by expert ContentETC tutors. Successful candidates earn the PPA Professional Certificate in Journalism, a qualification that is recognised and respected around the world.
The PPA Professional Certificate in Journalism has six sections:
- Understanding your audience
- Media law and ethics
- Gathering information
- Writing and producing content for print and online
- Sub-editing and proof reading
- Design awareness
The PPA is one of the UK’s largest and most effective trade associations, and is one of the leading magazine trade bodies worldwide. The PPA's job is to promote the interests of the UK magazine and business media industry in every way possible. They are at the heart of a network of national and international alliances across the creative industries. PPA Training leads the field in learning and development - driving up professional standards by developing the high quality and cutting edge vocational training and qualifications the industry needs.