Our interactive online SEO training course shows you all the top tips and techniques you need for the best SEO. You'll learn how the major search engines - including Google - index your site; the latest SEO tips from the experts; and we'll even help you build a free SEO Action Plan for you to implement straight away.
This e-learning course will help you to compete more effectively online, without any extra investment, and will give you everything you need to know by revealing the essential steps you can take right now to drive new visitors to your website and grow your online traffic.
Very good course. Gave a good introduction to Search Engine Optimisation and gave me clear direction for an action plan as to what to do moving forward with regards to the website. Clear, confident and reliable.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to increase the traffic to their website and maximise their site's SEO potential.
The course comes in 3 parts:
Part 1: What is SEO
Part 2: SEO checklist - what you need to know
Part 3: How search is evolving and how it affects your site's success
You will learn:
- How Google and other search engines index your site
- The different elements that influence the success of your SEO
- How visitors behave online and how they navigate your site
- The dramatic effects of site optimisation
- How to use keywords and phrases to best effect
- How links affect your traffic and how to build them
- The true value of your site statistics
- How SEO works with creative content
- How search is evolving
...and much more.
If you sat down and did the course in one go, it would take approximately 2 hours to complete. However, the exercises and quizzes we include mean it can take longer. You can work at your own pace, and dip in and out of the course as often as you want, and go back to sections to really make sure you've understood. If you have any queries at all, you are very welcome to get in touch with the trainer as often as you want.
We set a 4 week deadline from the point you receive your enrolment information. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know. The course covers:
What is SEO anyway?
- What it is, how it works and why it's vital
- How do your visitors search?
- Thinking about your own search behaviour
- Tailoring your SEO accordingly
Search engine marketing (SEM)
- When you should use it and the risks you can easily avoid
How search engines work
- How do they decide which page is best?
- Search engine algorithms and what they mean to your content
What about creativity?
- Hitting your readers with the type of content they want in a way they appreciate
SEO checklist - what you need to know
Using the right content for the right medium
- Content placement
- Creating pathways for users to choose their own adventure around your site
Reader behaviour - skimming, scanning and the F pattern
- Creating the best experience for both your audience AND the search engines
- How users read your pages
- Content hot spots
Building up a list of keywords and phrases
- Visible text and metadata
The key SEO areas on a page and how to use them
- Internal and inbound link building
- How links affect your site's search ranking
- Free web tools you can use to see who's linking to you
The size of your site and why this is important
Why updating is crucial to SEO
How search is evolving and how it affects your site's success
- The importance of Google News and universal search
- Web 2.0, Digg, Twitter and SEO - how social networking, recommendation and bookmarking are changing our search behaviour
- Which social media sites will suit your site's needs
How SEO affects your site's success - interpreting the stats
- Page impressions
- Unique users
- Repeat visits
- Session/dwell time
- Entry/exit points, popular pages and user pathways
- Site navigation
Comprehensive SEO jargon buster
This course is packed with interactive exercises so you can practise what you learn as soon as you learn it.
There are handy tips and checklists at key stages of the course. These cover vital topics including:
- Imitating human behaviour
- Creating a keyword and phrase list
- Concentrating on the first 100 words
- Link text
- Linking tools
- Submitting your site to Google News
- Using free tools
and many more.
Becky Bocchetti is a leading digital trainer and content and marketing consultant, who has a proven track record with a variety of media owners, FMCG brands, marketing specialists and content providers. Having started her career as a magazine journalist 20 years ago, Becky moved in to the digital world in 2000 winning awards for content, social media and commercial at websites as diverse as WGUK, ZSL and BBC Radio 2, whilst continuing to write for national newspapers and magazines. Becky’s successes led her to become a founding team member of Vizzavi, Vodafone’s pan-European cross-platform content offering, where she led an international content, technical and commercial team. She regularly runs content training, mentoring and Digital Marketing Qualifications courses for the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing.
Her cross-media experience is in high demand with corporate and consumer clients including Express Newspapers / Northern & Shell, Ofcom, TimeInc, Air France, British Library, The Co-Operative, AAT, Hearst, Bauer, Zurich Insurance, Bournemouth University, Oxford University Press, Sony, Euromoney, Centaur Media and Haymarket Publishing.
The beauty of e-learning is that you can do it at a time and place to suit you. But you won't be alone! Becky will talk you through the key points to improve your skills and knowledge, and at any time during your e-learning course, you can email her with any queries or comments.
Becky can also give you invaluable one-to-one feedback on your own SEO. If you buy the trainer feedback option with your course, she will ask you to email a short brief to her after you have completed the e-learning. She will supply you with individual guidance, comments and practical suggestions. This unique feedback really brings your e-learning to life and makes sure you have truly grasped - and applied - all of the key principles.
If you would like to receive a Certificate when you have completed your e-learning course, please just let us know and we will arrange for one to be sent to you.
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is £105 + tax per user * which gives you full unlimited access to the course for one month. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know.
If you want to add personal one-to-one trainer feedback to the course, the price is £155 + tax.
* Discounted rates of up to 70% are available for multiple users. The discount applies to this course or a mix of e-learning courses. We will give you an immediate 10% discount off your second course if you book with us again.