Learn the vital SEO techniques you need to increase the traffic to your website, in this tailored course based on your site, your content and your audience.
Very useful in terms of understanding what SEO is, how Google's algorithms work and why it's important to keep this in mind when writing content
Staff writer, Centaur Media
Half day in-company training course
- Traffic data and what it means in terms of readers of your content
- Hits, page views, ad inventory, site ‘stickiness’, referrals etc. Which stats matter and why
- Why referrals are important and how they are created
- What are the most important sources of traffic to your site?
Doing it: Search for a news story and write down the key points of the story and how you found it
Existing online audience
- Why do they come back to you?
- Where else might they go and why?
- What you can do on the page to improve loyalty
- Other ways of building loyalty (email newsletters, newsfeeds and RSS, special content, registration etc)
- Design for more page views and more ‘drill down’
Finding your new online audience
- Who are they? How do they differ from the audience you know?
- How do they find relevant information online?
- Where do they go for info if not you?
- Links from other sites
- Emailed content from friends
- Directories (eg Yahoo)
- Search engines (eg Google)
Doing it: Identify competitor web sites and analyse their attempts to address each of these audiences
Making your site work better with Search Engines (aka SEO)
- What is SEO?
- What is the importance of SEO?
- Why high-quality, relevant content is the most important factor of all
Understanding search engines
- Why they are so important
- How they work
- The difference between a directory and a search engine
- What is a search engine algorithm?
- Understanding search results
- Why search engines constantly adapt
Doing it: Familiarisation with Google searches and what they show
Keywords, tags, metatags
- What is a keyword?
- Creating a keyword list
- What are tags and metatags?
- What is an alt image tag?
- What is important here?
- Knowing and using keywords
- Developing and managing a tagging policy
Doing it: Creating and researching a keyword list using Google. Discuss how these keywords can be most effectively used in pages
Related SEO activities
- Usability, site design and navigation
Doing it: Assessing design and usability of competitors’ sites and how it affects SEO
How can you make your site better?
- Research current search listings
- Research competitor sites
- Keywords and key phrases
- In-bound links
- The effect of technical and design factors
- Adapting content style to improve search
- Ongoing measurement and response
Doing it: Create an SEO ‘Must Do’ prioritised list for your site
To do lists – how will you put into practice what you have learned?
Reactions and close
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your content. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training and will follow-up with you to see how you are getting on. We are always here if you have any queries at all.
To find out more about our range of in-company courses, and how we work and support you both before and after your training, please have a look at our in-company training page.
Our bespoke in-company training is run on a date and at a place to suit you. But if you would rather learn online, please have a look at our SEO elearning course.
Please call 00 44(0)1428 722105 or email us for more information on how we can help you organise your training.