Our training solutions
Maintaining the quality and style of your content is more important today than ever.
Our range of courses cover all the key elements, and improve the skills of subs and journalists at all levels.
What level are you at?
Focus on Subbing
- The role of the sub-editor
- The importance of the magazine brand
- Handling raw copy
- House style
- Writing strong headlines
- The power of intros and standfirsts
- Captions and conclusions
- The sub as quality monitor
- The sub as production controller
- The sub as creative writer
- Subbing challenges
- The sub as multitasker
- The sub as brand
- Subbing management
- The sub as team player
- The sub as self-motivator
- The sub as time manager
- Why we sub
- How people read on the web
- A systematic approach to copy
- Subbing with an eye on search engines
- The importance of the first 100 words
- Linking to create a user journey
- Creating a checklist for subbing online
Made me want to be better at subbing!
Staff writer, Haymarket Media