Do you know the difference between Twitter and Facebook and blogging (or just don't know what social media is); search engine optimisation and search engine marketing? Our fact-filled interactive intro to digital media training course explores digital media in enough detail to give you a sound understanding of the key issues, trends, technology and possibilities.
We explain all of the jargon, look at how the web is changing the way we live and work, and explore the three big issues that are driving change in the digital world. You'll also get lots of practical guidance on how to optimise your website traffic and build a digital buzz around your content.
First class course. I’m already doing a bit of social media, but I still picked up many helpful and useful tips on this low-cost course, which I would highly recommend to anyone on the brink of improving or establishing a new digital presence. Thank you!
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to boost their understanding of all things digital.
You will learn:
- How online channels and digital content are transforming our world
- The key principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How to exploit multimedia and interactivity
- Why blogging is so huge and why it matters
- How social networks and communities work and create influence
- The 3 big drivers of change
- Website usability and how we react to screen content
- The Twitter phenomenon
- Mobile content and future mobile trends
- What all of that digital jargon really means!
...and much more.
If you sat down and did the course in one sitting, it would take approximately 45 minutes to complete. However you can work at your own pace, and dip in and out of the course as often as you want, and go back to sections to really make sure you've understood. If you have any queries at all, you are very welcome to get in touch with the trainer as often as you want.
We set a 4 week deadline from the point you receive your enrolment information. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know. The course covers:
How digital has transformed the way we find information, communicate and share ideas
What the web provides
- Immediate and reactive content
- A bigger audience, widely distributed
- Instant feedback
- Greater awareness of who you are
- New ways to communicate with your audience
- New ways to make money
3 big changes in our digital age and what this means to you
- Multiple touch-points between brand and consumers
- Getting the same type of content from many sources
- Our 'on-demand' culture
The need to have many channels for content
- Key differences between web and print
- Finding your way around the digital space
- The importance of understanding how users look at a web page
- Using the right content in the right place
- The best way to educate, inform or entertain your audience
- What content works best?
- When to replace text with images or video
- When tools become the content
- SEO jargon buster
- How Google really works
- Natural/organic vs Sponsored/ppc listings - the key differences
- What is a blog anyway?
- What do they look like?
- How do they work?
- Community = getting your audience involved
- The 90 / 9 / 1 rule
- How it has evolved with social media
- Making the most of community - real life examples
- The science of recommendation
- Real time search
- How it can help your business
- The future?
- Accessing digital content on mobile phones
- New technology means new possibilities
Comprehensive digital jargon buster
Handy tips and checklists are provided at each key stage of the course. These cover vital topics including:
- Making sure your site is designed with users in mind
- Ensuring your content works in the right way for the right medium
- Maximising SEO potential
- Deciding what tools and services work for your content
- Which community content, social networking sites or tools are right for you
- Aiming for minimum effort and maximum return
and many more.
Becky Bocchetti is a leading digital trainer and content and marketing consultant, who has a proven track record with a variety of media owners, FMCG brands, marketing specialists and content providers. Having started her career as a magazine journalist 20 years ago, Becky moved in to the digital world in 2000 winning awards for content, social media and commercial at websites as diverse as WGUK, ZSL and BBC Radio 2, whilst continuing to write for national newspapers and magazines. Becky’s successes led her to become a founding team member of Vizzavi, Vodafone’s pan-European cross-platform content offering, where she led an international content, technical and commercial team. She regularly runs content training, mentoring and Digital Marketing Qualifications courses for the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing.
Her cross-media experience is in high demand with corporate and consumer clients including Express Newspapers / Northern & Shell, Ofcom, TimeInc, Air France, British Library, The Co-Operative, AAT, Hearst, Bauer, Zurich Insurance, Bournemouth University, Oxford University Press, Sony, Euromoney, Centaur Media and Haymarket Publishing.
The beauty of e-learning is that you can do it at a time and place to suit you. But you won't be alone! Becky will talk you through the key points to improve your skills and knowledge, and at any time during your e-learning course, you can email her with any queries or comments.
Becky can also give you invaluable one-to-one feedback on your own digital media. If you buy the trainer feedback option with your course, she will ask you to email a short brief to her after you have completed the e-learning. She will supply you with individual guidance, comments and practical suggestions. This unique feedback really brings your e-learning to life and makes sure you have truly grasped - and applied - all of the key principles.
If you would like to receive a Certificate when you have completed your e-learning course, please just let us know and we will arrange for one to be sent to you.
Introduction to digital media is £30 + tax per user * which gives you full unlimited access to the course for one month. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know.
If you want to add personal one-to-one trainer feedback to the course, the price is £85 + tax.
* Discounted rates of up to 70% are available for multiple users. The discount applies to this course or a mix of e-learning courses. We will give you an immediate 10% discount off your second course if you book with us again.