This course is a must for anyone who is posting on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and any other social media platform. It helps you spot and avoid common legal problems that you will encounter online.
It is an essential media law refresher session for anyone responsible for social media content in any format and on any social platform. It will help you know what is safe to say, show, create, repeat, repost, share and like… and what’s not.
You will learn:
- Copyright - who owns what and what this means for any social media content
- Brand reputation - being mindful of taste, decency and guarding your brand’s reputation when posting, sharing and commenting online
- The Defamation Act and the social media age - written messaging, images, gifs, memes, video, innuendo and humour, amplifying
- Privacy and social media - what you need to know about the Human Rights Act and content published online
- How to avoid invading privacy, defaming someone or acting in contempt of court
- Contempt of court and social media - what you can and cannot publish during investigations, searches and trials
- How to avoid breaching confidence or tampering with trademarks
- Recent cases and judges’ opinions
Handy tips are provided at each key stage of the course. These cover vital topics including:
- Checking sources
- What to do if you don’t own it
- Reminder of who is liable
- What to always remember
...and much more. For a full course outline, please contact us.
Becky Bocchetti, your trainer
Becky is a leading digital trainer specialising in content, media law and marketing. She has a proven track record with a variety of media owners, FMCG brands, marketing specialists and content providers.
The beauty of elearning is that you can do it at a time and place to suit you. But you won't be alone! Becky will talk you through the key points to improve your skills and knowledge, and at any time during your elearning course, you can email her with any queries or comments.
Becky can also give you invaluable one-to-one feedback on your own social media. If you buy the trainer feedback option with your course, she will ask you to email a short brief to her after you have completed the elearning. She will supply you with individual guidance, comments and practical suggestions.
If you sat down and did the course in one sitting, it would take approximately 1 hour to complete. However, the interactive quiz we include means it can take longer. You can work at your own pace, and dip in and out of the course as often as you want, and go back to sections to really make sure you've understood. If you have any queries at all, you are very welcome to get in touch with the trainer as often as you want.
Social Media and the Law is £9.99 + tax per user * which gives you full unlimited access to the course for one month. If you need longer though, you just need to let us know.
If you want to add personal one-to-one trainer feedback to the course, the price is £59.99 + tax.
Discounted rates are available for multiple users. The discount applies to this course or a mix of elearning courses. We will give you an immediate 10% discount off your second course if you book with us again.