Our training solutions
Great covers lure – and retain – new readers. In an ever-competitive market, they need to be more eye-catching than ever to get your message across.
These highly practical workshops highlight how leading magazine brands approach their covers, industry best-practice, and the latest cover innovations from around the globe.
How to Create your Greatest Ever Cover
Equip yourself with a range of proven tools, tips and techniques to improve the effectiveness of your covers.
Aimed at publishers, editors and art directors who want to create compelling and high-impact covers and improve the way their magazine connects with their reader through every page.
- Best-practice and cover innovation from around the globe
- The secret of the best covers...ever!
- Where does the perfect cover come from?
- 9 things to always keep front of mind when creating a strong brand
- What can we learn from our rivals?
- Front cover evaluator: is your cover really as good as it could be?
- The ideal cover – how to make it happen every month
Creating Better Coverlines
Are your coverlines as strong as they could be?
This session gives anyone who is responsible for writing coverlines the chance to focus on the importance of the cover and the coverlines, and to help them make better decisions when writing cover lines.
- The structure of a cover
- Types of cover line
- Variety and familiarity
- Overdoing it or being too minimal
- What makes a good coverline?
- ‘Hot’ words and phrases
- Tie-ing coverlines to content
Highly recommended! Was extremely good at getting me to 'slow down' and reassess the way I look at design.