Digital means you can deliver really exciting content for your audiences, across a range of platforms. But even some of our largest clients have only a handful of people directly involved in video and audio production and editing.
Our practical, hands-on workshops are relevant to every organisation, no matter how large or small. Catering for all levels of skills and experience, each course uses company-specific material and situations and is tailored to the specific needs of the delegates.
Here are some of the courses that we can run for you and your brand:
Creating Videos with a Mobile - half or one day (can be combined with Editing on Mobile)
Understanding how to get the best out a mobile phone camera is key to producing good video. This session gives you tips and techniques to create better films.
- Introduction to the mobile phone camera
- Getting the best out of your mobile phone camera
- The key rules to filming with a mobile phone (eg framing, lighting etc)
- Understanding structure – how will these shots work together?
- Shooting a video
- The theory of editing
Social Media Videos - Visual Storytelling - one day
How to make social videos from new film or to re-work podcast audio. Using your own video, you'll devise it to make it as ‘shareable’ as possible across different platforms.
- What videos do you have, how do you gather material and how that could be reworked for video
- Understanding the types of social video: Behind the scenes / Show and tell / Expert’s view / Video tour
- Thinking about the platform and what works well and what doesn’t
- Text on video - how to do it, the importance of clarity and accuracy, clean fonts, positioning, spelling and grammar
- Understanding narrative structures
- Why do social videos (controllable, viewers are active) differ from TV (passive audience)
- The importance of the opening frames/six seconds
- Adding animated soundwaves
- ‘Selling’ the video
- SEO, headlines/text description to make people want to click
Video Editing - half or one day (can be combined with Creating Videos with a Mobile Phone)
- Introduction to Adobe Premier
- What makes a good edit?
- Hands on editing
- Shot selects, picking music and building the synch cut
- Layering shots into the edit, playing with sound and working the edit up to a finished piece of content.
- Final comments and uploading
- Going forward and getting stuck
Video Scriptwriting - half day
A detailed breakdown of how to write scripts for video.
- The main advantages of video - impact, immediacy, storytelling, emotional involvement, narrative
- The difficulties or pitfalls of video
- General scriptwriting techniques
- The four story elements and the seven basic stories
- The eleven point story plan
- Securing emotional involvement
- Plant and payoff
- Applying these techniques
- Nuts and bolts: changing sentence length and order
Video Presenting - half day
The best video presenters create their own style. This session gives you the techniques you need to find your most effective presenting style.
- Adjusting for your audience
- The seasoned professional or the gifted amateur: winning the trust of the audience
- Slow down and stress up. How not to gabble and, at the same time, hit the correct stress words, particularly in longer sentences
- Not all communication is verbal: what is your body language saying?
- Interior or exterior: do locations distract or enrich?
- Voice over or to-camera: the difference in delivery
- Graphics: when and how to use them
Commissioning and Curating Video Content - half day
Knowing what makes compelling video content for your audience is vital, even when you are not shooting it yourself. This session looks at how to get the most out of video opportunities by creating, commissioning or curating great video content.
- Thinking about your audience and why video is right for them
- Getting the content right
- Different video styles – when to use them and who does it well
- Commissioning great video content
- Getting the promotion right
Film-Making Process - half day
It's all about your process. Depending on the job, your process will change but knowing and understanding that process will mean you can choose what you need for that job. It’s also great to have assets to share with your team (and should you want) the client.
- The idea/ treatment / pitch
- The shooting script / shot list
- The storyboard / animatic
- Pre production
- Post production and delivery
How to Create Winning Podcasts - half day
A highly practical course on devising and delivering podcasts that will enhance your brand and further your reach. Aimed at anyone who is creating, or wants to create, podcasts for their brands, and those tasked with distributing, marketing, or monetising podcasts.
- Podcast Creation - a practical group session on devising, recording, end editing podcasts
- Introduction to podcasting
- Achieving informality
- Anatomy of a podcast
- Tools and equipment
- Creation process
- Adding music and sound effects
- Getting your podcast heard
- 1:1 Feedback & follow up for the trainer to feedback on work and answer questions individually following the session
If a million people see my movie, I hope they see a million different movies
Quentin Tarantino, director, referring to Pulp Fiction