This tailored consultancy session gives you the chance to consider a fresh approach to your digital content. It breaks down the importance of creating a content package and a relationship with your readers.
Very useful. Got me thinking a lot more about different types of articles and also the differences between print and online.
Junior writer, Immediate Media
One day in-company training course
Creating a content package
- The importance of the content package
- How technology is influencing the way we use websites
- The importance of mobile
- Commercial needs
- How social media has also changed the role of writer and audience
- What this means for a journalist and editor
- Linking and related stories to extend the user journey
- Features and longer news pieces
Doing it: Delegates identify good and bad examples from their own site and competitors
Top tips: How the content package makes a difference
- Why a journalist is now responsible for helping to drive traffic to the site in the first place
- What is SEO?
- Hits, page impressions, session times… which stats matter and why
- How does your content package make a difference?
- Sources of online traffic
- What they expect and what they need to see
- Building loyalty on the page
- The importance of links and referrals
- Using social recommendation and bookmarking sites to feature your pages
- Commercial implications
Doing it: Delegates use a piece of text as a base for creating a successful content package, looking at what it achieves for the audience, commercially, site success and longevity of the story
Creating a better relationship with the user
- How to build a rapport with your audience
- Making the most out of comments
- When to reply, when to ignore
- Dealing with comments and moderation
- Revisiting old content
- Changing the relationship with your audience
Doing it: Delegates look at successes and failures within their own site and competitor sites and work on a comment scenario plan for their content package
Analysis and discussion
To do lists – how will you put into practice what you have learned?
Reactions and close
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own online content. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training and will follow-up with you to see how you are getting on. We are always here if you have any queries at all.
To find out more about our range of in-company courses, and how we work and support you both before and after your training, please have a look at our in-company training page.
Our bespoke in-company training is run on a date and at a place to suit you. But if you would rather learn online, please have a look at our Writing for the web elearning course.
Please call 00 44(0)1428 722105 or email us for more information on how we can help you organise your training.