This tailored consultancy session gives you the chance to consider a fresh approach to your digital content.
It breaks down the importance of creating a content package and a relationship with your readers.
One day in-company training course covering:
- Creating a content package and it's importance
- How technology is influencing the way we use websites
- The importance of mobile
- Commercial needs
- How social media has also changed the role of writer and audience
- What this means for a journalist and editor
- Linking and related stories to extend the user journey
- Features and longer news pieces
- Top tips: How the content package makes a difference
- Why a journalist is now responsible for helping to drive traffic to the site in the first place
- SEO - hits, page impressions, session times… which stats matter and why
- Sources of online traffic and what they expect and what they need to see
- Building loyalty on the page
- The importance of links and referrals
- Using social recommendation and bookmarking sites to feature your pages
- Commercial implications
- Creating a better relationship with the user
- How to build a rapport with your audience
- Making the most out of comments and when to reply, when to ignore
- Dealing with comments and moderation
- Revisiting old content
- Changing the relationship with your audience
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own digital content. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Very useful. Got me thinking a lot more about different types of articles and also the differences between print and online.
Junior writer, Immediate Media