Improve your ability to provide quality journalism through live real-time digital media, blogs and social media.
We will ask you to bring examples of real time reporting, blogging and social media activity to work on during the session.
Half day in-company training course covering:
- Blog publishing options, post types and multi-media content
- Personal journalism and opinion
- Longer articles and ‘evergreen’ content
- Thought leadership
- Blogging for Search Engine Optimisation
- Visual blogging and social media – Tumblr, Pinterest and more
- Driving followers and engagement - conversations, comments and shares
- Linking, referring, trackbacks and the blogosphere
- Preparing and planning for real time media - equipment and resources
- Establishing/reviewing objectives and creating timelines and calendars
- Identifying content that you can prepare for real time reporting
- Hooking up with relevant sources online and offline
- Live reporting through blogs and social media and breaking news
- The real-time blend: original content, curation and aggregation
- Covering industry events and announcements
- Publishing live – dos and don'ts
- Promoting your live journalism activities before the event
- Social media journalism
- Tracking relevant information and sources
- Using social search, keywords and hashtags
- Integrating social media updates into your real-time stories
- Tools and techniques for measuring the success of your live and real time reporting
- Re-purposing live content for use in other contexts
- Building audience and community around real-time journalism
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own real-time journalism. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Very interesting. Will use the techniques in future.
Staff writer, Immediate Media