Give your headlines and standfirsts more impact by making them stand out.
This highly practical course looks at different ways to write heads and sells.
Half day in-company training course covering:
- What makes a news and features headline and sell work?
- Anticipating the reader
- Finding the key words to pull the reader in
- Keeping it fresh
- Working with the layout
- Different types: when to use them?
- Looking at the publication as a whole - avoiding repetition
- Creating a user journey from cover to page
- Using page furniture to pull the reader in
- Using detail to hook the reader
- Making pull quotes and captions work
- Looking at the feature as a whole package
- Is your process working?
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own headlines. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
A really useful course and I've been doing some upside down heads and sells and questions and giving much more thought to sells. I've been rewriting sells in particular to make them more appealing. Thanks again, it's really made a positive difference to what I've been doing.
Deputy editor, Bauer Media