Get practical skills and experience of telephone and face to face interviewing to make the most out of your interviews for print and video.
We look at planning possible lines of questioning, how to phrase them, difficult questions and the art of listening and responding, and asking the follow-ups that get you killer quotes.
Getting the best from your guests. How to build a rapport with your interviewee quickly, how to ask questions, how to encourage, challenge and cajole to get the best print interview and video performance.
One day in-company training course covering:
- How to prepare for an interview
- Ways of getting people to speak ‘in their own voice’
- When to interrupt and when it’s best to leave guests just talking
- Tips to get an interview to work two ways – for print and online
- Your own performance - how to come across ‘naturally’
- Ideas on challenging guests without scaring them
- How to frame an interview so it can be edited easily for video – simplifying post-production
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own interviews. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Any interviewing training would have been welcome, but this was fantastic. Lots of useful tips and things to think about when planning/undertaking interviews in future.
Features editor, Immediate Media