Dig deeper into your digital data to improve your online performance and discover how to use this information to achieve your goals, drive business and boost return on investment.
This course helps you make informed decisions on how to make your web content, blog posts and social media more effective. It demonstrates how a strategic approach to measurement and analysis provides invaluable insights into your users and visitors. Great for anyone who is creating digital content and wants to use analytics to help them prioritise.
Half day in-company training course covering:
- What do you want to measure?
- Business perspective vs Reader perspective
- The 4 types of data and what they can be used for
- Aligning measurement with strategy
- Understanding quantitative data and web analytics reports for desktop and mobile sessions
- Acquisition, retention and engagement metrics and how to use them to improve your content
- Tracking user journeys
- Using analytics tools to define goals and conversions that align with your objectives
- Key performance indicators – how to monitor performance and measure progress
- Measuring social media
- Usage – how and where people are connecting with you via social media
- Clarifying key measurements for social media success
- Engagement – determining your most engaging social content
- Conversions – how to turn engagement into action and measure the results
- Using webmaster tools and analytics data to audit your approach
- Using SEO Toolbars
- Relevancy tools and what to do with them
- Conducting market analysis to identify opportunities in search engine optimisation
- Benchmarking current performance against competitors
- Qualitative data - understanding why your web visitors do what they do
- Tools for measuring qualitative data – surveys, research and usability testing
- Driving actionable insights
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own analytics. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
I found your training session really helpful and it’s spurred me on to make regular time to review our analytics and it’s already proved useful. I’ve already started content plans that focus more on popular content types.
Editor, Immediate Media