Successful content often starts with a good commission.
This highly practical session looks at how you go about commissioning, taking the process from the first glimmer of an idea to the completed article. Great if you have to commission content and want to make sure you are doing everything you can to get the best possible result from your contributors.
Half day in-company training course covering:
- Why should these articles be written - what do you need to think of before you commission
- Balance of reader interests
- Sparking ideas
- How can you get what you want - planning a successful commission
- Creating a package for multiple platforms
- What to put in, what to leave out
- Setting deadlines
- Dealing with writers - how can you get the best out of them?
- What do they want?
- Negotiating successfully
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own commissioning. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Really insightful! As I have never done any commissioning before, this was a great way to be introduced to the subject and I now feel confident in being able to commission something out.
Production editor, Immediate Media