Anybody can deliver a good speech, but you must take time to prepare adequately.
We will work with you on a speech that you will actually be delivering. We will help you think about your focus, then the writing, rehearsing and rewriting the speech, so you are fully confident at the end.
One day in-company training course covering:
- The four phases of speech writing - Preparation / Writing / Rehearsing / Rewriting
- Who is the audience?
- What do they know / not know / want to know?
- When is the speech being made?
- How will it be delivered and where is the setting?
- Why is the speech giver making the speech / with what authority?
- Choosing themes / anecdotes / numbers / examples / arguments
- Putting the material into the best sequences and throwing out what does not fit
- Writing and the structure of the speech - gaining attention, giving purpose, transmitting assurance, linking to today
- Avoiding apology, explanation, standard greetings, “I’m going to talk...”
- Body in sections, clearly signaled to a listening audience
- Linking sections with strong transitions
- Closing and showing clear conviction and belief
- Answering all questions left hanging
- Structuring the supporting material: full text / slides, etc
- Developing the materials for the speech giver
- Rehearsal and what to check for
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own speeches. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Great course which delivered clear benefits. Most beneficial was the feedback on our personal sessions.
Deputy editor, Briefing Media