Take this course if you want to make social videos from new film or to re-work podcast audio content. You'll work on producing your own social videos, and we'll will show you how to devise the video to make it as ‘shareable’ as possible across different platforms, and look at what works well, and what doesn't.
One day in-company training course covering:
The current situation
- What videos do you have?
- How do you gather material?
- How could that be reworked for video?
Doing it: Delegates will look at any videos that have been produced and what went well and what didn’t
The importance of social videos
- Understanding the types of social video: Behind the scenes / Show and tell / Expert’s view / Video tour
- Thinking about the platform – Instagram, FB, YouTube
- What works well
- What doesn’t
Doing it: Delegates will work with video (either their own or supplied by the trainer) to decide which would work best for a social video; how to structure it and how to edit it.
Text on Video
- How to do it
- Importance of clarity and accuracy
- Clean fonts, positioning, spelling and grammar
Doing it: Delegates will add text to their video
Creating effective social video
- Understanding narrative structures
- Why do social videos (controllable, viewers are active) differ from TV (passive audience)
- The importance of opening frames/six seconds
- Adding animated soundwaves
Doing it: Delegates will continue to work on their videos
When it is ready
- ‘Selling’ the video
- SEO, headlines/text description to make people want to click
Doing it: Delegates will view each other’s work
To do lists - how will you put into practice what you have learned?