Understanding what journalists are looking for is a vital part of implementing a successful media strategy.
In this course, you will gain practical experience in getting your message across in print media interviews. It is ideal if you want to speak to the media on behalf of your organisation.
One day in-company training course covering:
- Communication, not self expression - communicating with the journalist so that they understand and in such a way that they communicate to their listeners/viewers/readers.
- What journalists will ask you
- What you can ask them
- Dos and don’ts
- Journalists’ likes and dislikes
- Content: what you wish to say
- Structure: how to arrange it
- Presentation: how to say it
- What are you trying to say?
- Does it come across?
- Is it consistent?
- Multiple practice interviews
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own print interviews. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Extremely beneficial. Having previously attended similar courses, it was amazing how much I had forgotten and needed to be reminded!
VP, Digital Barriers