Journalists are deluged with information. Crafting a press release that will hook them in and keep them reading is more important than ever.
Get the skills you need to write an attention-grabbing press release and make your writing more readable and engaging so your PR message shines through. You will learn how to produce press releases that appeal to all media and gets your voice heard.
One day in-company training course covering
- What kind of publications or media are you aiming at and how do they view their readers/listeners/viewers?
- How do they want to receive information?
- Writing to attract attention
- Deciding the order of the release
- What will grab the reader’s attention?
- What is the story?
- Different ways to start a release - the intro options
- The best ways to arrange information
- Using quotes for impact
- Making sentences work
- Using appropriate language and punctuation pointers
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own press releases. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
I am more focused on the hook and trying to keep things ‘lean’. I managed to get an article in the Daily Mail which generated some discussion so that one had a hook. Thank you for your excellent workshop!
Medico-legal adviser, The MDU