This social media course is designed for recruiters, HR specialists and those wanting to attract – and retain – the best talent for their business. It will help you better understand the opportunities – and pitfalls – of using social media for recruitment including platform-specific examples, content ideas and tools. We will tailor the content to the needs of the business and the platforms and people most relevant for you.
One day in-company training course covering:
Why use social media for recruitment?
• In the pocket, in the feed, on the screen
• Rule of thirds
In the Dock
• Your social messages under scrutiny
The 5 Key Steps to recruiting via social media
• Identify with your target audience
• Define your objectives
• Understand the platforms
• Think about content types
• Create something compelling
The platforms decoded – 3 things recruiters need to know about:
Written content that works on social media platforms
• How users see content online compared to other formats
• Remembering the basics – active tense, sentence lengths, ideas
• Different forms of social messaging and their unique challenges for recruitment
• How tone and content differs for different social media sites
• Identifying audiences – what that means for your written content
• Using words to build relationships, drive traffic, be part of the conversation
• What that means for your social recruitment messaging
• Promoting videos and pictures using the right words, hashtags and captions
• Written page furniture – descriptions, profiles, links
Adding meaning and value
• Understanding your candidate’s needs and wants
• Should we talk about features or benefits of our roles?
• What about SEO for job titles?
Reactive and planned social media messaging
• Leaving flexibility in your planning
Brief intro in to where paid for social posts come in
• Making the most of your paid social opportunities
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own recruitment. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.