In today's frantic "connected" world, it is easy to forget that we always need to present the most polished and professional image to those we communicate with.
Too often we only get one chance to impress, so we really need to make every email count. This intensive practical course ensures your business emails are always of the highest standard, and more to the point, achieve the goals you have set for them. You work on your own emails in the session, so you can see an immediate benefit.
Half day in-company training course covering:
- Today’s working environment and pressures
- Benefits of “putting it in writing”
- Communications and distractions – it’s a noisy world
- The message and the audience
- The real purpose of the email
- What’s in it for the reader?
- Structuring emails to suit your objectives
- Length, layout and emphasis
- As a covering email for a proposal or powerpoint
- Persuasive sales emails
- “Business-like” emails (handling complaints, confirming agreements, etc)
- Content and style - how to be clear, concise and consistent
- 10 tips for effective email communication
- Creating your subject lines
- Tone of voice; brand voice
- Why editing, checking and accuracy are vital
- Manners and management - email etiquette
- Guidelines for replying
- Controlling your inbox!
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own emails. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
I've learned new techniques for writing emails and how to be clear and concise which was what I was hoping to achieve.
Senior reward services manager, Corporate Rewards