This session gives you maximum confidence in live TV and radio appearances by offering you strategies for effective presentation and message communication.
Perfect if you are asked to represent your brand or company on radio or television.
One day in-company training course covering:
- Radio and TV Journalists - what they want from you
- What do you want from them?
- Message development
- The broadcast interview
- Preparation is key
- Summoning your thoughts into words
- Dealing with aggression
- Your rights and obligations
- Critical review of presentation techniques
- Conveying the message you intended?
- Prioritising and mastering the story
- Organising the order of concern - PEC
- Overcoming microphone nerves
- Practice makes perfect in radio and television
- The importance of style as well as content - in appearance and speech
- Addressing your audience - hitting the right tone
- Managing difficult questions - ABC
- Side-stepping the awkward question and turning it to your advantage
- Additional preparation for a TV interview
- The circumstances in which you'll be asked to appear on TV
- You'll get one chance – how to make it count
- Keep it short (but not too short), punchy and informative
- Multiple practice interviews
Actions and follow-up
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own media interviews. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training, so you can put into practice what you have learned; and we follow-up with you afterwards to see how you are getting on. We are always available if you have any queries at all, so you just need to let us know.
Extremely informative. Great structure with theory, practical and analysis. Have come away with a good, clear understanding of what is required for media interviews.
Head of animation, TT Games