Get practical skills and experience of telephone and face to face interviewing to make the most out of your interviews for print and video. We look at planning possible lines of questioning, how to phrase them, difficult questions and the art of listening and responding, and asking the follow-ups that get you killer quotes.
For anyone who needs to make an interview work for both print and video. Getting the best from your guests. How to build a rapport with your interviewee quickly, how to ask questions, how to encourage, challenge and cajole to get the best print interview and video performance.
One day in-company training course
- How to prepare for an interview
- Ways of getting people to speak ‘in their own voice’
- When to interrupt and when it’s best to leave guests just talking
- Tips to get an interview to work two ways – for print and online
- Your own performance - how to come across ‘naturally’
- Ideas on challenging guests without scaring them
- How to frame an interview so it can be edited easily for video – simplifying post-production.
This course provides you with practical skills that you can apply immediately to your own interviews. We send you away with a list of “To dos” to focus on after your training and will follow-up with you to see how you are getting on. We are always here if you have any queries at all.
To find out more about our range of in-company courses, and how we work and support you both before and after your training, please have a look at our in-company training page.
Please call 00 44(0)1428 722105 or email us for more information on how we can help you organise your training.
Any interviewing training would have been welcome, but this was fantastic. Lots of useful tips and things to think about when planning/undertaking interviews in future.
Features editor, Immediate Media